First of three city Budget Community Conversations to be held this Thursday September 10
City to Host Three 2021 Budget Community Conversations, FIRST SESSION IS THURSDAY
SEPTEMBER 10, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Dear Evanston urges the participation of all residents in this public process. First session is THIS Thursday, register below.
In November 2019, the Evanston City Council adopted a budget for the 2020 calendar year. During this process, a projected budget for the 2021 calendar year was also created and is included in the 2020 budget document. Due to changes brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, a revised 2021 Proposed Budget will be presented to City Council.
The City of Evanston will host three community conversations via Zoom in September. Their hope is to engage the community in the Fiscal Year 2021 budget process.
The virtual meetings will include a brief overview of the City’s budget process followed by breakout room discussions. Input gathered at the meetings will be compiled and provided to City Council as part of the City's Proposed Budget on Friday, October 9.
Meeting Dates and registration links:
• Session 1: Budget 101
• Thursday, September 10, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
• Session 2: COVID-19 Budget Impacts
• Wednesday, September 16, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
• Session 3: Health & Human Services
• Monday, September 21, 6 p.m. to 7:30 7:30 p.m.
• 6 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. - Presentation from City staff
• 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. - Facilitated breakout room conversations
• 7 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. - Report out from breakout rooms and wrap-up